TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN MOVING TO DUNCAN
1. Get Electricity turned “on” in your new home. No one wants to be without power. You will need to go to Duncan Power located at 720 W. Willow, or you can reach them at (580) 252-0250 while you are there you can also talk to them about trash pick-up and water service. If by chance you are not included in the Duncan Power service you will want to contact Cotton Electric Co-op at (580) 255-5065 or Public Service Company of Oklahoma at 1-888-216-3523.
2. Contact the Gas Company at 1-866-275-5265, ask for Customer Service.
3. Contact AT&T. You can reach them by dialing 1-800-288-2020. How are you going to stay in touch with you’re the new friends you make?
4. Get your Cable hooked up. Contact Cable One at (580) 252-0992 or stop by their office at 1206 N. Highway 81 (located at the south end of Chisholm Mall). They also have a great high speed internet service.
5. Find a local banking institute. Duncan offers a wide variety of banks and credit unions to choose from.
6. Now, you must eat….Duncan offers several grocery stores to choose from, Homeland is located at Hwy 81 & Beech, Wal-Mart Supercenter is across the street from Braums and Goodners is located on the far east end of Main Street.
7. Locate our Hospital. Duncan Regional Hospital is located at 1407 Whisenant Drive, (580) 252-5300. Go west from Hwy 81 on Elk. The hospital is at the first stop light, you can’t miss it. The Emergency Room is located at the north entrance and Hospital is at the south entrance.
8. Subscribe to the Duncan Banner, our local newspaper. Call (580) 255-5354. Subscribing to the Duncan Banner is a good way to get acquainted with our community. Or visit www.duncanbanner.com
9. Check out the Simmons Center located at 800 N. Chisholm Trail Parkway. Their number is (580) 252-2900. A great place to exercise, run, walk, swim, play racquetball, aerobics, see plays, and much more. Check out the latest by logging on to www.simmonscenter.com
10. Please visit one of our many Duncan area Churches.
WELCOME TO DUNCAN, OKLAHOMA!